Friday, September 30, 2011

Weekend Getaway....Part Trés

Sorry it's taking me a few days to get to the last recap of our getaway

Sunday we got up and lazed around a bit with the folks then jumped in the truck and rode all over God's country.  Let me tell you, gorgeous rolling hills, green grass, beautiful fall leaves.  I snapped a million pics.  Then, we drove through Mammoth Cave National Park, more gorgeousness!
We pretty much walked right up to a young whitetail deer, I took a million pictures of her.
I'll try to keep it from being a total picture overload:


The tiny little City Hall in Oakland, Ky



Adorable little "downtown"

Another town hall


no matter what I do, I can't get this to flip, I give up










can't get this one to flip for the life of me either

J likes taking pics of me...


Gorgeous huh?

bahaha, ready to kill me?

J and my mother skipping rocks
 J and I got up Monday and headed home.  On our way we enjoyed a scenic highway trip instead of interstate and went to the Jack Daniel's Distillery in Lynchburg, TN
 I didn't know we could have our cameras, so I didn't take it....hence the reason there's no photos.  But, it was great, if you haven't been and you're ever in the area I highly suggest you go.  It's even FREE!  Can't beat that.
We stopped and played the lottery, and then came home.  It was a great trip.  It was so nice to spend 4 days with my honey.  We haven't really spent that much time together since before he left for boot camp.  Fabulous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment