Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I usually do Seriously Thursday, but decided I would do a Thankful Thursday
I am thankful for my husband
I am thankful for the journey we've been on and all we've learned about each other, ourselves, and our marriage.
And, I'm thankful for the news we received this week


It's been a week since I left and was able to get my darling husband home.

Happiest my heart has been since before he left.  

I was so worried about him, not knowing the full extent of the cardiac issues they were discharging him with.  All I knew was that I was going to do everything in my power to make sure he was ok.  Whatever doctor appointment I had to make, take off of work for, we were getting it done.
J had an appointment Monday with his general practitioner, and that day he received a referral to a cardiologist.  We had that appointment yesterday,
and I'm excited, and happy to report,
We have NO worries as the doctor sees it now.  
She is going to pull his records from the Army doctors, review the tests herself and confirm their diagnosis.
His favorite news was that he can resume running and he can pursue any career he wants!

The doc even said that she didn't understand why the Army would discharge him for this, but I explained to her that the Army doesn't accept medical waivers for heart issues.  No matter what. 
But!  He can do anything he wants.  We're so happy!

So, waiting for her to confirm the diagnosis, run a few tests she wants run, but he has the all clear.

Prayer works, folks!


Speaking of prayer...we're trying to find a church home.  So far we've decided against an Anglican church
I'm cradle Episcopalian, which is fairly interchangeable with Anglican, however I've decided that if I'm going to be in a similar church setting, I really want it to be full of everything I'm used to.  I need all of my creature comforts, the things that everyone thinks of when you say, "Episcopalian"  The high church, the formality, that's what I need.  And J just wasn't a big fan.
So, we're going to try a new denomination, for me at least, we're going to try Methodist (J is Methodist).
I hear it's similar to Episcopalian, so I shouldn't be uncomfortable
I'm usually really bratty about church, I refuse to bend and try anything new, I want what I know.  However, I've decided to bend, I'll try something new.  Marriage is about compromise and growing together, so that's what we're doing.
I'm excited to try this.  Come on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment