Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Our fabulous weekend...Part Uno

We headed out Friday, after J's promising interview (yay! Finally!  God is good!), and headed up to Nashville.  The whole way I kept singing, "We're going to the zoo!"  I'm like a kid when it comes to animals, LOVE animals!  J just kept laughing at me, I don't know why lol.
The whole ride up, it was cloudy and overcast, I was about to get upset because I didn't want weather to ruin our Zoo-venture! 
As soon as we crossed over into Nashville, the sky was bright and blue, just a few wispy clouds, it was great!  I was so excited. 
How's that for an excited face? lol
I won't bore you all with the animals, I'm sure you've all been to zoos before!  I'll just show you a few of our favorite pictures:
J's favorites, the Meercats
I laughed at this little guy sunning himself

This one was digging in the rock-puddle for grubs I guess

And this little guy cracked me up, sitting on his butt

They were all collecting on the only rock with sunshine
I loved the zebras
So of course I had to take a pic of us with zebra butts

more zebra hineys
I will do everyone a favor and not post the million reptile pics I took, since I know most folks are highly creeped out at the thought of a snake
But, I have to share this pic:
Seriously, this Anaconda was about 15 feet long, and the zookeeper had to go in and spray his habitat.  Apparently a job so dangerous, he had to have a spotter, here's why:

The really neat thing about Nashville Zoo, is that it was built on an old farm, and the plantation house is still standing and you can tour it.  We really liked walking around the old plantation.  The family cemetary was especially neat.  (I'm kind of strange when it comes to cemetaries...not a fan, unless it's OLD)


My handsome honey checking out a headstone
The weather was perfect, we went in the middle of a Friday afternoon so there were very few kids.  I'm not a fan of other people's children, kids are insanely misbehaved these days.  But, that's a rant for another post some other day.  lol
We got done at the zoo then fought Nashville 5 o'clock traffic to the stateline and headed on the rest of the 30ish minute drive to my parents house.  

We got there and had a drink, while sitting on my parents back patio, fire pit burning, stars sparkling.  Daddy grilled sausage, and we had a great rest of the night with my parents.  It's so nice to get away and relax, spend some time with family you don't see often.


No comments:

Post a Comment