Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bloggers-block

I've had writer's block for a few days, and just been in a very quiet mood.  I don't know why, but sometimes I just get really quiet.  Only, this time, it seems to be a peaceful quiet.  Ever since I wrote how do you make these changes, I've found myself trying to reflect on little inspirational quotes I've seen, things I've read, and just the mere fact that I wrote a blog for the entire world to see...and I'm finding myself quietening the little evil in me. 
Don't get me wrong, I will still light into a rant about things, but I'm trying to catch and stop myself quicker.  I find that when I'm quiet, I'm in a conversation with God. 
The older I'm getting the more drawn to my faith, the more life experience I get, the more blessings I see in my life, the more thankful and faithful I am.  I haven't lived a perfect life, I've been no saint (I've not been a terrible person either!  lol), so to look around at all of the blessings I've been given in my life while not being a perfect Christian...I'm seeing changes in myself.
J and I went to church Sunday morning, we may have found the church to make our church home, it's really nice to find that place, that sanctuary, where you can feel like you're truly in God's house.
(I was a little excited over the fact that I was able to curl my hair again with my flat iron...I am still not used to having hair that is shoulder length lol)
of course, not our church clothes! lol
I've seen such a change in myself, I've even started letting J's grandmother's cat hang out in our room.  She likes it.  It's like Clara-fun-land.  Why?  Because we still have boxes in the bedroom that need unpacking, yes, from before J went to boot-camp!  lol. 
I'm a self-professed cat-disliker (I don't hate them...my allergies do though).  So, it's a huge step for me to let her hang out.  lol.  I used to run her out of our room.  But, the past few days I haven't.  See...becoming a better person!  One cat at a time.

We think she and Sully are BFF when no one is home.  She seems to hate him less, and he seems to try to play with her more...which leads me to believe that she actually plays with him while no one is looking!  She also has decided she likes his diet food....

It is turkey after all
I really get into my off days, more so than I used to.  I really enjoy my time off, time spent with my husband.  He's an amazing man, best friend, confidant.  He spoils me rotten.  Not with monetary items, that's not what life and marriage is about, but with kindness.  He goes above and beyond, and it melts my heart. 

I'm excited to continue to grow, in my faith and in my marriage. 

pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment