Thursday, June 9, 2011

Seriously?!

When I'm asked, "What are your pet peeves?"  I never really have an answer.  

So, I'm going to jump on the Seriously Thursday bandwagon brought to you by From Mrs to Mama

  1. Seriously...5 day work weeks are overrated.  I'd much rather work a 10 or 12 hour day and have 3 or 4 days off a week.  This after I was spoiled by being able to take a 3 day weekend this past weekend.
  2. Seriously...is it already time to deal with politics for the 2012 presidential race?  I hate being inundated with the bs...because quite frankly I think they all talk out of the sides of their mouths, say one thing while meaning another, don't know what they truly can or can't do so they make false promises even with the best of intentions. 
  3. Seriously...I doubt we will ever live in a gated apartment community, ever, again.  The gate, on average, doesn't work 2 weeks out of the month.  I don't think the gate has been operational for an entire month the whole time we've lived there.  However, the one time J tried to go through behind someone without letting the gate close and pushing the key fob himself, management came sprinting out to him and interrogated him about his "illegal" entry!  We pay a pretty penny for rent and they don't care!
  4. Seriously...I'm ready for my 2 weeks off with J before he leaves.  I'm ready for all of his training to be over with so we can get into our routine, even though we do know and understand that the military life will inevitably mess with routine/schedule.  We have no misconceptions about how "easy" this will be.
  5. Seriously...speaking of military, if one more person tells me how tough being a military wife is going to be I may scream.  Really?  You don't say?  I thought it would be the easiest thing I've ever done.  I know it's going to be tough, but guess what?  I'm a tough woman, I'm a strong woman.  We have a strong marriage and an incredible friendship.  We're not afraid.  Eat that, you naysayers! 
  6. Seriously...I squeeled with excitement the other day when I realized that a name brand gas station had gas for $3.59.  Sad huh?
  7. Seriously...I graduated high school ten years ago.  When did I get that old?  It seems like yesterday I was in my early 20s laughing at a firned who was sobbing about going to her own 10 year reunion.  Wow, time really does fly!
  8. Seriously...my husband cracks me up.  He is so very random.  We were sitting in the food court at the mall on my lunch break and out of no where he says, "Malibu backwards is Ubilam"  I turned around to see what he was looking at, as I was facing the neon sign and able to read it properly: 

No comments:

Post a Comment