Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pitcairn Island

J surfs the strangest websites.  And it's not even so much strange in the overall scheme of things, but...it still is odd lol.  https://www.cia.gov/  We started looking at country information one thing leads to another and I find Pitcairn Island.  It seems to pretty much rock.  Population: 48, they have one phone line...17 families use that one line.  LOL.  https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pc.html
It's so small, you can't even see it as a speck on the map:
The island is actually owned/governed by the UK, and the only people living there are Bounty Mountaineers and their Tahitian wives.  lol.  Sounds like something you would only see in a movie.  I never thought there was anything like that, an island that desolate and unpopulated!  But hey, I think we'll retire there.  I'm liking the idea of simplicity...and not only knowing everyone in your town, but your COUNTRY!  lol 
J says we're either retiring to Pitcairn Islands or Wales, his "ancestral home" lol.  https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/uk.html
Although, they have a population of 62,698,362 instead of 48.  I think I can still deal with that.  They have a much better communication system with 32.117 million phone lines.  And internet.  LOL

Yes, I must admit, I enjoy the crazy websites my husband looks at.  I think I looked at random countries for about half an hour...and enjoyed it.  Hey, before you think I'm crazy, my mother read the dictionary for fun as a kid!  So, I'm pretty normal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment