Saturday, June 25, 2011

Nostalgia Saturday

I got up this morning in a mood to get something accomplished before work.  I decided to start packing and going through the stuff in the storage closet on our balcony.  Got all of the Christmas ornaments packed, asked J to take it inside and put it with the other boxes (motivation to keep packing, leaving them in the living room to have to stare at), and mark it on the top and all 4 sides "Christmas ornaments/decor" to which he rolled his eyes.  I walked back in to find X-MAS written on the top and 4 sides...lol.  I guess it's better than nothing. 

I opened a rubbermaid tote to find my nostalgia.  You know, the stuff that you pack up and cart with you every move because it means something to you.  Sentimental value.  Things you've had since a child, and things you kept just because you knew you'd look back at them later and have a good laugh. 

What did I find you ask?  My first two cell phones.  Yup, circa 1999.  They rocked.  They were super cool at the time, far smaller than most anyone else's.  Rocking the analog!  I can't imagine having to use them anymore! 
Heck yeah!  Check out those bricks!

Powertel? How old am I? lol

I also found my babies.  OMG!  My babies!  So very special to me. 
The line up!
Pooh and Tigger, of course
 I got Pooh and Tigger for one of my first surgeries as a tiny kid.  Considering I had tubes, tonsillectomy, and about 4 ear surgeries, I can't remember which surgery I got them for.  But, I know I loved them!!  Tigger got attacked by Sully when Sullymonster was a baby and thought that Tigger was his toy!

My Raggedy Anne doll, hand made by my Mama
 Raggy was my most special, wonderful doll.  Mama made her for me before I can remember.  Raggy went through all of my surgeries too.  I must have been a sight with all those babies dragging them into surgery.

FYI, I hate pickles the food
Pickles...ah, Pickles.  I got him around 3 or 4 years old for a dance recital  from Mommie and Daddy I think.  I hated pickles the food as a child, and still do as an adult.  I have no idea why I named him Pickles, but that's what I named him! 
And last, but not least, does everyone remember Teddy Ruxpin?  Oh yeah, I had him!  Only, I no longer possess my prized bff Teddy.  Why?  Because Teddy became possessed.  Demon possessed.  His bottom jaw fell off, then he started talking.  In the middle of the night.  And it wouldn't have been so bad if he were actually "reading" his book, but no, he was eating the tape that was in his back.  It was a very scary experience for a 5 year old.  Middle of the night and demon Teddy comes alive, eyes moving, garble coming out of his mouth...needless to say, Teddy went to the trash.  If you don't remember what I'm talking about, here's Teddy:

However, I do have Teddy's amazing sidekick, Grubby.  Apparently I can sell him on EBay and fetch about $25-30 for him.  I think I'll keep him, that won't even get a tank of gas.  If he sold for $100+, I might consider it. 


Yes, J laughed at me...rolled his eyes...and shook his head.  It was really bad when I found a trophy I got in kindergarten for a Halloween costume parade...in 1988.  My husband wasn't quite born yet.  He was on his way, but not born.  lol.  Yeah, it's no secret I'm older than him.  lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment