Thursday, June 16, 2011

Seriously Thursday

Sorry I've been gone for a few days, I spent my off days enjoying my time with J.  Swimming, eating, spending time with his family, celebrating his brother's 21st birthday (Happy Birthday Jacob!).  And, I had this whole wonderful idea for a blog for yesterday, and got far too busy at work to even bring out the computer to try to write it...so I'll try to incorporate it into today's Seriously Thursday.  And since I'm html impaired still unable to figure out how to add the banner, I'll just segue into it gracefully...
See...I'm crazy graceful...hahahaha

  • Seriously...I'll be 28 in  less than a month, omg.  I wouldn't notice that I'm coming up on 30 if it weren't for the fact that my husband likes to laugh at the fact that remind me that he will barely be 25 when I roll out of 30 and into 31. 
  • Seriously...are we already having heat indexes of 100+ and drought warnings, and it's just the first/middle part of June?!  Oh boy are we paying for the snow we enjoyed!  Thanks Mother Nature.
  • Seriously...did I have to download Jack and Diane by John Cougar Mellencamp for my husband?  Somehow I ended up looking at him and talking out the lyrics, "A little ditty, about Jack and Diane..." met with an upturned eyebrow..."two American kids growing up in the Heartland..." this time met with, "what are you talking about?!"  I responded with, "Jacky's going to be a football star, Diane debutante backseat of Jacky's car".  By this time I'm trying not to laugh, realizing he really has no clue.  Wow.  Shake my head.  "Come on, J!  John Cougar Mellencamp!"  "Cougar?!  His middle name is Cougar?!"  I couldn't contain my laughter any more...
  • Seriously...if you break down the lyrics to that song, they're pretty raunchy.  Wow Jack and Diane, get a room!
  • Seriously...Harold Camping had a stroke?  That impaired his speech?  You want to keep trying to predict something God has said many times that man will not be able to predict?  I think I'll take Mr Camping as an example and not meddle with God's word or make my own way of twisting translating it.  
  • Seriously...I'm ready for my nearly 3 week break from work, although it means J will be heading off to boot camp after 2 weeks of vacay together.  
  • Seriously...I'm not going to say much in the way of details, but I'm asking all of my readers to pray for a job opportunity that has surfaced that may keep J from having to leave.  Pay and benefits pretty much equal that of the military, and it's a career, not just a job.  He'd get to be home everyday/night with none of the downsides of a military life, i.e. deployments.  So, please pray we learn something.  Though, we're not getting our hopes up just because of a few elements we're aware of.  The odds aren't all in his favor, however he still has a good chance we think. 
  • Seriously...I have never been to Six Flags, and J would like to try to take a quick trip before he leaves to take me to Six Flags.  I've only ever been to Dollywood and Opryland.  
  • Seriously...I'll try to do better on my blogging...

Hope everyone has a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment