Thursday, March 1, 2012

12 Weeks...and finally pictures

12 Weeks
& finally a few belly pics

I've been asked when I was going to post some belly pics.  Frankly, I don't love posting my pasty whiteness all over the interwebs lol!

But, here goes nothing!  No one tell me I need to tan, I'll come through the computer and smack you ha
I have German/Irish heritage and to say I'm a white girl, would be the understatement of the year!  Ya'll all have seen that I'm a strawberry blondie...and it's 100% natural!
So, I don't even pretend to think that I'll ever get a tan, I'll just keep my pasty whiteness and keep my skin healthy lol

So, here goes nothing...I can't believe I'm doing this lol

I wasn't at my "ideal" weight when we got pregnant, but I guess I don't have much to complain about in the grand scheme of this world...
4 weeks, in my regular American Eagle jeans 
8 weeks, already getting bloated and have to go up to my size bigger AE's, but I still need a belt
12 weeks, you can forget the belt, and you see that I've pushed my jeans down as low as they can go

Not only has my belly gotten rounder, so have my butt and boobs!!  HA  
THANKFULLY, at our 11 week appointment, I had only gained 5 pounds!  Though it SURE doesn't look that way!

*So far, it seems that my temper is getting better...though I'd have to ask the husband and co workers their opinions, and frankly, I'm too scared to know the truth!  JK, I'm pretty sure it's much better

*I know what foods will make me nauseated or give me heartburn, so I stay away from them

*I need maternity pants...but I'm holding out until Sunday when my BFF of 23 years, Ashley, is coming to town
she's 17 weeks pregnant, also with her first, so it's going to be really great.  I haven't seen her in over a year

*I can tell I have more blood in my body
How, you ask?  Because during our walks my hands swell and throb.  It's the most annoying thing ever.  I guess all of the blood in my arms goes straight to my hands.

*I'm starving...18 hours a day.
I wake up hungry, I go to work hungry, I get hungry a million times at work...
But, I eat...ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!

I went to O'Charley's the other day, after dying to eat their potato soup and spicy jack cheese wedges for 3 days.  I sat there, alone in the restaurant at a 4 person table.  I ordered a water (every poor food choice is negated by ordering water, right?), a bowl, not cup, of wonderful potato soup, and an order of the cheese wedges.  I was totally embarrassed when she came by, I had practically eaten my soup in under 5 minutes.  I ate ALL 8 of the cheese wedges, and two rolls.
If you hadn't figured it out, I was HUNGRY!
My waitress comes by and tells me that I have a free mini-dessert, what did I want.  I just looked at her, confused.  Apparently, there was a special I missed by ordering off the top of my head in great excitement without looking at the menu.  Apparently, you get a free mini dessert when you order a soup or salad...or something.  I didn't listen, I was too busy cramming another cheese wedge in my mouth.
Ya'll, I was so embarrassed to have eaten all of that by myself; I had to tell the woman that I was, in fact, pregnant.  Like that gives me an excuse to be a PIG!
I had her give me my mini cinnamon-sugar donuts to go, and took them to J.  He really enjoyed them lol
I enjoyed my lunch so much, I'm going to go back and get the same thing (only share the cheese wedges and rolls) with my dear friend, Emily, on Saturday!

About Baby:
Babycenter
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Your uterus has grown to the point where your healthcare provider can now feel the top of it (the fundus) low in your abdomen, just above your pubic bone. You may already be into maternity clothes, especially if this isn't your first pregnancy. If you're still fairly small and not yet ready for maternity clothes, you've no doubt noticed that your waist is thickening and that you're more comfortable in loose, less restrictive clothing.

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful!!!! You're carrying a babyyyy!!! Don't let other people tell you otherwise!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I wish it were other people! It's my vanity! SO hard to let go of that. I think it'll be much better when I can actually KNOW that I appear pregnant!

      Delete