Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My first TAG!

My darling little yankee friend, Amanda tagged me!  
Y'all, visit her blog, you'll love her

She and I twitter and text almost daily!  Never knew I'd like a yankee girl from Connecticut lol
Totally kidding, I'm not one of "those" Southerners...trust me, there are plenty of them around

So, here are my questions I must answer:
1. What is your favorite day of the week?
Definitely Sunday and Monday, they're  my off days from work, and I get to spend one of them each week with my love (his schedule is funny, so he gets every other Sunday and every other Monday off), which means I get an evening pretty well to myself.  It's pretty nice!!

2. If you could live in any one person's {dead or alive} shoes, who would it be and why?
Can I just live for one day?
Since you didn't say how long I have to live, Amanda, I'm going to go with for just one day.  I love my life and wouldn't change it
If I could live in anyone's shoes for the day, believe it or not, I think it would be the president's.  (Not necessarily Obama though...not a fan of his)
Why the president?
Because, he has to be the most criticized person in the world, but only the President knows just how difficult his job is.
Now, PLEASE do NOT read this as me cutting Obama ANY breaks..because I SHO AINT doing that!  
But, if I could walk a day in the President's shoes, maybe I could sprinkle some conservative ideas in his shoes...maybe they'll absorb and go to his brain? LOL

3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Wow, Stupidity and Laziness.
But, the stupidity is worse when people think it's "cute" to act stupid.  Ignorance is not cute, especially with the internet at the ready.  Educate yourself.  There's really no excuse.  
Oh, and I know I don't have perfect grammar on this little ol' blog, but DAMN PEOPLE.  It's NOT that difficult, and again, poor grammar is far from cute.  You just look DUMB.
I could rant for ever.  I'll stop there, really, it's for the best!

4. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Pay off our debts, pay off family debts, buy a house (not a mansion, but a comfortable house), and a comfortable car.  Put the rest in high yield accounts to let it grow.  No need to go nuts and spend it all on frivolous things when you can live comfortably off of your winnings for the rest of your life, and probably set your children up well.  Invest wisely!

5.  What is your favorite quote?
Hrm, I really don't have favorite quotes.
Am I lacking something in my life?  lol

6. What is the best/worst gift you ever received?
Hhhhmmmm....I think I'm going to go all sappy on you and say my wedding set.
It represents our wonderful, strong marriage and commitment to each other.
Worst gift?  
One of those travel/emergency sewing kits.
Yup, I was like 15? 16 maybe.  My grandfather's wife or girlfriend gave it to me for Christmas.
Fabulous, huh?
Because every teenage girl you know carries around an emergency sewing kit in her purse, right?

7.  Any hidden talents you have that you haven't blogged about!?
I have really long toes...to go with my really long, skinny feet (size 11s baby!)
I can pick up virtually anything that I can get my toes around
It really came in handy after I had knee surgery in high school and had to clean my bedroom.  I sat on my bed and used my left foot to pick things up lol
I can pinch the hell out of you with my toes, too!

8. Who is your role model?
My grandmother
Mama is a very strong, independent woman.  
She has a heart of gold, is a strong Christian woman
She and I have always been close, we're still very close.
Love her!

9. What is your favorite chore to do?
Ugh, does anyone really have a favorite chore?  Amanda, you're nuts to even be able to think of this lol
I guess my least hated chore would be dusting
You can see the result immediately lol

10. What is your dream job?
Good one, dang...tough one
I love my job...of course it has its days, but the job itself, I love it
With Baby on the way, it would be really nice to be able to say I could stay home with Baby through the start of kindergarten at least.
We'll see if that will ever be able to happen.

I'm tagging:
Raven: @Momma'sDesiresandPacifiers (seriously ya'll, funniest blogger eva!)
Allie: @tableformoreblog (she has the CUTEST boys, and another on the way, any day now!)

Ya'lls questions:

1. Where did your blog name come from?  What was the inspiration?
2. Best moment from the last year of your life?
3. Scariest moment of your life?
4. Your greatest accomplishment
5. The goal you want most to achieve in the next 5 years

Since I decided to go a little deep, I'll stop at 5 and not blame preggo brain/creativity block lol

2 comments:

  1. You are hilarious!!! I love all your answers!!! Your grandmother sounds like an amazing woman!!! And the toe story is too funny! Sounds like you'd spend your money wisely too! Your questions to everyone else are so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answers! We are a lot alike! Your grandma sounds picture perfect, I love grandparents! Now to answer your questions, thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete