Monday, October 29, 2012

How I met your father

I've never joined the Show and Tell link up because I usually don't have the pictures to go along with the link up!  This time I do!!



1. Tell us about how and when you met your love and what attracted you most to him.
I saw J the first time when I walked in to work the day before my first day (confusing, I know, but I had to get a work badge so I could get in the building).  I saw him and thought, "wow, they finally hired a damn good looking guy!" (side note, we work in law enforcement and it's a consolidated center of 911 and police/fire/ambulance dispatch, and I had worked for 911 for 5 years prior to starting my job as dispatch and knew all too well that there was NO good eye candy lol)
Physically what attracted me to him were his dark eyes, dark hair, nice boo-tay, and his build.  He has a fabulous build.  Also, I've never been a tattoo person, at all, but I really liked his tattoos...and still do.  If I were on my laptop and not being lazy in bed on the netbook I'd put pics up lol.  But,  J has 2 large tattoos one on each bicep, his right arm has HONOR running vertically the length of his tricep, and a beautiful cross with angel wings & Psalm 23 on his left forearm.  He has more, but they're covered, so of course I didn't see those for a bit ;) lol
But, we have a chemistry   Something undeniable.  The first time we talked, we clicked.  We didn't shut up for the entire 8 hour shift.  Same thing the next day, and the next, and the next.  Then he text me, and that was all she wrote. We were eventually put on different shifts when I was finished with my training, I would stay awake literally all day texting him (I worked 3rd shift), and he would stay up all night texting me (he worked 2nd).  We would take overtime on each other's shifts just to work together and see each other.  
I don't really think either of us can pinpoint exactly what it is that causes the chemistry, other than a mutual respect for each other.  Past that, I think it's all in God's hands because our relationship is just that natural.

2. Show us the very first {or one of the first} pictures you guys ever took together. {Feel free to show us more than one}
our first picture together, I'm not a fan of it lol  Maybe it's the makeup? It's bad lol
We had been together about 3 weeks, living together 2.5 weeks, true story

3. Tell us some of your favorite memories that you two had together.
We've been through it all, the highest highs and lowest lows, but no matter what we always laugh together.  There hasn't been a day go by that we don't make the other smile.  
We don't have the best birth story for our son, since he was rushed to the NICU less than 5 minutes after he was born, but I have to say my favorite memory ever is seeing my husband standing by our son's NICU bedside.  Most people think my husband is this tough, serious, no nonsense man with a heart of steel.  To see him with our very sick son, praying over him when my husband isn't one to let people see him pray, talking to him, crying over him, smiling at him, I will never forget those moments.  
My favorite memory of the two of us....the day we were allowed to hold our son, he was 7 days old and had finally come off of his ventilator.  He was still so so sick, and on a CPAP, but we still got to hold him.  I cried, J just smiled at me and wiped away my tears.  Then I finally let J hold Pierce, I cried more.  Seeing him with our son, holding our son for the first time, there are no words.  J is truly my hero, I couldn't have made it through 20 days in the NICU with out my rock.
4. Tell us your favorite qualities about this man, what makes him "the one."
J is strong, mentally and physically.  He pushes himself to the limit, he's not happy if he only goes part way, he has to have it all or nothing.  He loves with his whole heart.  He doesnt back down.  He has strong morals and convictions.  He supports me, no matter what.  He wants me happy, no matter what it takes, he would go to the ends of the earth for me.  
And now that we have Pierce...I can't even begin to tell you what makes him "the one".  I knew J would be a great father, but I couldn't fathom just how great of a father he is.  He makes Pierce smile and coo when even I can't.  He can get Pierce quieted and happy when even I can't.  As much as J loves and adores me, he loves and adores his son 100 times more...just the way it should be
5. Tell us what your "date nights" typically look like.
We're laid back, easy going.  Date night consists of dinner and a walk around somewhere.  Last night was Red Robin (I finally earned my free entree with their rewards), with Pierce sleeping in his car seat on top of the table (because of where we had to sit, instead of waiting for a different table), then walking around the open air mall and then back home.  J works full time and goes to school full time, our date nights are very low key and very much all about us and quality family time together.  Which works for me, I'm happy with dinner and great conversation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment