Wednesday, October 10, 2012

8 Weeks

My big boy is 8 weeks old!!  I can't believe it.  Time really is flying by, as cliche as that is, time is flying!  I'll  be back to work in 4 weeks and that makes me SO sad.

Pierce's next doctor appointment is at 10 weeks, so these numbers again are from his last check


Born: 7lb 3oz 25-50th percentile
Left hospital (20 days): 6lb 14oz 10-25th percentile
First Dr appt (3 weeks): 7lb 1oz 25-50th percentile
Second Dr appt (5wks 2 days): 8lb 4oz 5th percentile
Home scale (family's house: 7wks 4days): 10lb 25-50th percentile (not so tiny!)

Pierce stays in the 25th percentile on length, born 19", last doctor appointment he was 21 3/4"

In the past week Pierce has:
  • Started holding his head up for longer, more steady periods of time
  • Begun to stay awake between his 2nd morning bottle and first afternoon bottle.  Some days he'll take a short nap between 1st and 2nd afternoon bottles, then certainly sleep!
  • Worn 0-3mo sleepers that actually fit!  They look too cute on him too!  Carter brand, any other brand is still too big
  • Watched his first baby videos, and loved them, ABC's Mary Had a Little Lamb Jack and Jill...that's about all he had for an attention span though
  • Swatted at the bugs that hang from his playbar on his bouncey chair, the red one in particular!  I missed the first one, heard it, and thought maybe it was an accident.  He was staring at it and his hand was still mostly outstretched.  Then, he did it again while I was watching!!
  • Started eating 130-140ml instead of 120.  That extra keeps him full for an extra 30 minutes.  I can deal with bottles every 3ish hours, but don't want them any closer together.
  • Started laughing
  • Laughed during diaper changes, it's no longer a fit-throwing ordeal to change a diaper. Smiles and laughs during almost every diaper change, he looks up at the P and fedora that hang above his changing table and just smiles the prettiest toothless smile!
  • Started taking walks with Mommie and Daddy...sure fire way to get him to sleep, sound asleep about half a mile in!
  • Got his first CDs, Baby Einstein 3 disc that has classical music and fun lullabies, I'm enjoying them too lol
  • Gone on his first out of town day trip to Birmingham to visit some of J's family, he did really well. 
  • Rolled half way over, from tummy to back.  He got stuck and was tired, so I think he gave up lol.  But the half roll was certainly on purpose
  • Started snoring, I have got to remember to talk to his doctor about that when we go next Friday
  • Started balling his fists and sucking on them, starting to do it for comfort
We have decided to add just a few baby signs for him to learn and use.  I don't want to get too deep into the sign language bit for him.  For now, we're doing milk, Mommie, Daddy.  We'll add a few more basics as time goes on, but I don't want to have complete conversations.  When he's old enough to communicate verbally, I want him to.  I don't want to delay that at all, but I thought it would be neat if he could tell us that he's hungry and wants milk before he has to scream.  We'll see.  I'm not pushing it too much.  While he eats a bottle or nurses I do the milk sign.  Not sure when I think he'll start to use it, but I've read about 10/12 week old babies using the milk sign.  It's really simple, just a fist squeezing motion like you're milking a cow.  Like I said, we'll see.  

Be still my heart

Sound asleep, stayed this way for 10ish minutes

This face kills me, "Lady! If you take one more picture!"

Keeping it real on my blog, this is me around the house 90% of the time, lucky husband huh? LOL!!
Check out my big man!  And those Harley socks!  He looks so old in this outfit!  Love him!

From belly to this, half roll over.  He got stuck and gave up! 10/8/12

Finding his fists!

We have a pic of J at about this age, they're identical...I was just the carrier of the clone

Loving his baby videos

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear your laugh little man :)

    --- auntie Sam and uncle jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG girlyyy! He's getting so big! I can't wait for Sloan to be here so we can Skype! I love those Harley socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I will have to either skype on the netbook or J's laptop...my laptop is vintage 2008 lol with no camera

      Delete
  3. He is getting so big! He is so stinking cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the chunker your adorable Jude is ;) but he's certainly a chunker compared to what he was just two weeks ago!!

      Delete
  4. He is so adorable!! I can't believe he's already 8 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't believe it either! It's insane

      Delete
  5. I love this kid!

    && Go check my blog! I nominated you for an award!~

    ReplyDelete