Saturday, January 28, 2012

8 Weeks...

8 Weeks

Today has been rough, I woke up and just could not shake the sleepies.
All day, I've been exhausted, after 9+ hours of sleep.

We went out to lunch to get my favorite nachos
I may not be eating those again until the 2nd trimester...my tummy is NOT happy

So...in my icky, somewhat ill mood, I thought I'd start a list of the things people ask me on a regular basis...already

Are you excited?
One of these days, someone is going to ask that while I'm in just the wrong mood and I'm going to look them straight in the eye and say, 
"No, why?  Should I be?"
Of freaking course we're excited, what kind of question is that?
You don't ask that of a happily married woman in her late 20s...it's not like I'm a 16 year old girl who doesn't know who the baby daddy is! (And I'll bet some of them are excited, too)

Were you trying?
Is it rude to look at someone and ask them if they really think that's any of their business?
Because I think it's pretty rude to ask someone if you're not really close friends with them
And if you are really close friends, I'd guess you probably already know the answer to that...
just saying

Are you taking prenatal vitamins?
I'm a fairly well educated human being.  I may not have completed college, but I do have all of my applied health prereq's done.  I realize that looking at me you wouldn't think, "Oh, she has had A&P classes"
But, come on.  I am intelligent enough to come in out of the rain and know I need prenatal vitamins.

Do you want a boy or a girl?
I guess it's just natural curiosity to ask, but wow.  I'm just 8 weeks, at this point I want to make it through the first trimester healthy, then we'll worry about the sex of the baby.
We really just want a healthy baby, that's all.  As cliche as that is.

How's the morning sickness?
I guess because it's such a common pregnancy symptom, people assume just because you're pregnant means you're puking.
I'm not, not yet at least, and I'd like to keep it that way.
I guess I'm being superstitious and thinking that the more I tell people I'm not puking, the more likely I'll be to eat those words soon

How are you feeling?
Do you really want to know?  lol
Because I know a lot of people ask that out of politeness...me?  Don't ask unless you really want to know that I'm exhausted, nauseated, jealous that you're drinking your 3rd cup of coffee, bloated, constipated and gassy...Oh, and my boobs have already gone up a cup size (because I needed more in that department to begin with? HA!)
LOL!

I'm sure this list of annoyances will only grow with time, lol
But, today, I'm in a funk and the questions just drive me crazy


2 comments:

  1. is it sad to say that i have no idea what prenatal vitamins do?!! i need to get with it :)

    and my #1 excitement about becoming pregnant one day is that i can see temporarily what i look like with boobs! woohoo. ohhh...and the baby :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a nutshell, prenatals ensure the baby gets the proper nutrients needed for all of their nerves, muscles, brain cells, etc. that's why you see so many babies in under developed countries with little to no prenatal care with so many birth defects.
    And, the boob thing, lol.

    ReplyDelete