Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Weekend wrap-up

I'm back to work, after my two days off...great off days for the most part.  I'm still congested, this is getting old.  And, yes, dear husband, I've taken my antibiotics twice daily as prescribed.  And, shockingly, I haven't missed one dose!  I've been on antibiotics for exactly one week now, and the congestion stays.  Can you say, OLD?!

Church on Sunday was nice, I love seeing the church in all of it's decorated glory.  There's really nothing commercial about it, because let's face it: Christ hasn't been born yet, it's not Christmas yet!  It's simply Advent.  The church was done up with greenery, but that's it.  Beautiful!  Episcopal churches are typically gothic in decor and architecture anyway, add some greenery to it...

After church we had a family dinner for my mother-in-law's birthday, then we went to wonderful family friends' house to visit with them since we won't see them for Christmas.  They are J's second parents.  They have known him since elementary school, and are just incredible people.  So, that was very nice.
My honey and I after church
Uncle J & little Miss Amelia
Yesterday we went out with J's mom.  She took us by a house whose light show is amazing.  You drive by and set your radio to the radio station they have it programmed to and just sit, watch, and listen.  It was awesome!  I attempted to get a few videos to show you guys...bear with me, they're from my cell phone, inside the car!
 I'm tired...I'm ready for Christmas, even though that won't be any less tiring!  I work Christmas Eve all shift (2nd shift), then we're getting up Christmas morning and going to see my family in Kentucky.  Sadly, we only have time to stay for the night, we'll get moving and leave some time Monday afternoon.  It's only about a 3 hour drive.

One week until we hit our one year wedding anniversary.  I'm more in love today than I was a year ago.  I truly married my very best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment