Saturday, April 7, 2012

My teenage music rebellion, This needs a language advisory!!

We all rebel in some shape or form as teenagers...mine was usually through music in my car.
My mother was really strict about my music, I couldn't listen to Nirvana because of their song Rape Me, and the cover to their CD Nevermind
Why did she have a problem with this?  You got it, that little baby boy's nekid places!
I couldn't go to concerts because "people smoke marijuana" at concerts.
I couldn't listen to albums that had the Parental Advisory sticker
I couldn't listen to rap
I couldn't listen to Sublime
There was a LOT that I just wasn't allowed to listen to.

So, as soon as I turned 16, I did what any normal teenager would do.  I plugged my CD Walkman in to my cigarette lighter, with the tape player adapter connected and rocked out to whatever my little heart desired!
source

My favorite rebellions were OutKast
I also loved DMX!!
I was listening to this song while in the shower.  Volume UP LOUD!  Enjoying a song I've heard a million times, nostalgia if you will.  I suddenly hear the lyrics to the song...ever have that song you've enjoyed for years but the lyrics finally make it in to your brain??  Yeah, this song is the one.  I am glad I already had rinsed my hair, I was cracking up laughing.
Ready for this one?  It's, well, interesting....
Man, cats don't know what it's gonna be
Fuckin with a nigga like me, D-to-the-M-to-the-X
Last I heard, y'all niggaz was havin sex, with the SAME sex
I show no love, to h*mo thugs
Empty out, reloaded and throw more slugs
How you gonna explain f*ckin a man?
Even if we squashed the beef, I ain't touchin ya hand
I don't buck with chumps, for those to been to jail
That's the cat with the Kool-Aid on his lips and pumps
I don't f*ck with nigg*z that think they broads
Only know how to be ONE WAY, that's the dog
I know how to get down, know how to BITE
Bark very little, but I know HOW TO FIGHT
I know how to chase a cat up in the tree
MAN, I GIVE Y'ALL NIGG*Z THE B'INESS FOR F*CKIN WIT ME, IS YOU CRAZY?!?
All of the lyrics here

I think I blew a few speakers in my 1983 Cutlass Supreme, ol Hooptie was good to me.  Then I ran her into a light pole.  I don't mean just any light pole, I mean the huge aluminum ones that are concreted and BOLTED into the ground.  Knocked that sucker clear over blocking 4 lanes of traffic.  Hooptie just kept on ticking, hideous, but kept on ticking.  I wish I had pics of Hooptie...aaahhh, the good ol days with no car payment and any car maintenance needed was done by Daddy...free of charge to me.  LOL!

I could really go on and on for days about my HORRIBLE music choices as a teenager, but I'll stop there with the explicit lyrics and language.  lol
I don't know why I enjoy(ed) the music, I don't agree with it LOL...I guess teenage rebellion does that to you

No comments:

Post a Comment