Sunday, September 16, 2012

I never understood

I have a confession...
I never understood how a woman could be a Stay At Home Mother to an infant and complain about being tired, or not having time to shower, put on make up, make herself look decent.
I confess...I believed that stereotype that SAHM were just lazy...I mean babies sleep most of the time, right?

Now...that I'm a mother at home on maternity leave, and J is working and going to school (full-time for both), I'm a temporary SAHM.
Holy crap.
I'm doing all I can to stay on top of remembering when I last fed Pierce, to make sure he isn't going over his 5 hour time limit.  Which, let's face it, doesn't happen lol.  Only time he even comes close to hitting that 5 hour mark is at night when he's in a deep deep sleep.
I fight to keep my head above water on the laundry...it gets folded, but that's where it stops.  Never gets put away.
I try to pump every 3 hours, but I usually only get to pump every 4.  I'm starting to have a bit of a supply problem with one side, I'll get about 80ml on one side and only 30 on the other.  So...to add to what I'm trying to stay on top of, I've decided to try to nurse Pierce several times through out the day to increase my supply.  Especially since little man is starting to eat more.  How this tiny fella' can eat 4 ounces every 3ish hours is beyond me.
Waking up every 4-5 hours at night wears on you eventually.  I was able to sleep from 1am-430am, fed and changed Pierce, slept again from 5ish-10am.  I couldn't have asked for more sleep from a month old baby, right?  It was awesome, but still wears you out.  He sleeps like that every night, it's great.
Keeping the kitchen clean hasn't been that hard though, Pierce's bottles and my pump parts need washing at least once a day, so our dirty dishes all get taken care of then.
And, how in the world does one forget to eat?!  Yup, I forget to eat most days; that is, until my stomach starts to eat my spine!!

I have only been able to shower today when J was about to leave for work.  I jumped in the shower and took a really quick shower.  I pretty much stay in my pjs, it's just more comfortable, and easier to nurse/pump when you're not fully dressed.

I stopped tonight (scheduling this post) and realized what all I had done in the few hours since J left for work (about 3 hours)...
Washed clothes
Folded the clothes
nursed Pierce
Pumped
Cleaned the kitchen
Watched The Blindside
Made dinner for us (J comes home on his lunch breaks)

Pretty sure that's all.
No dang wonder SAHMs don't always look their best!!  I feel like I should go to any SAHM I've ever judged for looking less than fabulous and apologize!  But, we all know that won't happen because, well...that would be just plain weird.  So, um...I'm sorry? lol

little man gets very Mama-cuddly

2 comments:

  1. So true. I used to feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I'm so glad someone else will admit to feeling the same! Thank you!

      Delete