Thursday, May 24, 2012

25 Weeks!!

25 Weeks!



You can catch up on why I missed my 24 week post here.  Scroll to the bottom and I'll explain what the condition is, I found out more about it this morning


How far along are you? 
25 Weeks

Total weight gain: 
More than I wanted to gain, but not too much  

How big is baby?:
What to Expect says an eggplant and 2 pounds!  Holy cow, he's already 2 pounds!!
source
source
Maternity clothes
always...I'm about to buy a few maxi dresses for the summer

Stretch marks?:  
On my hiney!!  I was NOT a happy camper to find those!  
Still applying Palmers religiously
But I've started getting spider veins on my belly?!  
I guess because I'm so white and just don't tan

Sleep?: 
Eh, some days are great, others not so much.  Depends on how he's laying.

Best moment this week?:
knowing he's ok after my ordeal that sent me to the hospital...I did get an answer as to a name for the condition: Hydronephrosis  Scroll to the bottom and I'll tell more

Movement?: 
a lot!  He is like his Mommie though, he's pretty quiet in the mornings.  He wakes up and starts to dance later in the afternoons...works for me lol

Food cravings?:
Still...
Popcicles!  At least I'm eating sugar free lol
and sweet sweet seedless watermelon!  YUM!

Food aversions?:
Not too bad, kind of depends on the day

Labor signs?: 
NO!  Stay put Baby!
We were quite frightened Thursday when I was sent to Labor & Delivery, but it was a HUGE relief to know he was fine and happy to stay put.  He was NOT happy, however, to have a monitor on him.  He would swat, kick, hit, the monitor...making for an amusing sound

Belly button in or out?: 
In, but getting less deep.  My belly button is normally REALLY deep, but not so much.  For the first time in my life, I can see the bottom of my belly button.  LOL

What I miss: 
Feeling normal lol

What I'm looking forward to: 
getting our place so I can set up Pierce's nursery

What I'm not looking forward to: 
Summer, I'm already hot! 
We've already hit 91 degrees!
Another round of pain from the hydronephrosis

Milestone: 
For me, I'm excited to know he's probably at the 2 pound mark



Yesterday, I was hit with another severe bought of pain but this time it was on my left side.  I was nearly in tears when I got to work.  I sat down and must have given him less room than he liked or something because he flipped and the pain was immediately gone.  I had called my Dr's office and when they called back they told me that next time I have pain like that, I am to go to Labor and Delivery...because they have everything at their disposal (obviously...it's the hospital lol).  And they went on to explain to me that in my ultrasound at the hospital, my doctor saw something called Hydronephrosis.  
What is hydronephrosis?  It's a condition, not disease, where the kidneys aren't allowed to drain...either properly or at all.  It causes swelling, and pain, UTI and/or UTI like symptoms, kidney stones, and if left untreated...permanent damage to the kidneys.
Basically, Pierce is laying on my entire urinary tract.  When he does, it blocks things from flowing properly, causing EXCRUCIATING pain.  Apparently, 50% of pregnancies have this condition, to varying degrees.  Most women never know they're having any blockage, others have issues like me, and some still have permanent damage.  The only "cure" is delivery.  So...I have to deal with this the rest of the pregnancy, and figure out how to change positions to get him to move.  
I've been told to drink MORE water...I already drink 2-3 liters a day!  So I've tried to increase that to 3-4 liters.  I'm peeing even more than I was...which is a lot.  I may buy stock in toilet paper.  TMI?  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment