Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm still here

I've been MIA, not because I don't love ya'll!
I went back to work Tuesday, and to be honest, I hate leaving Pierce.  I spent the morning getting myself ready to go back to work for the first time in 12 weeks, getting him ready to be away from me for more than an hour or so for the first time since he came home from the NICU.  He was being watched by my in-laws, in capable hands so I didn't cry when I went to work the first day, but I cried when I got home and was nursing him to sleep. You see, I get off at 11pm, he goes to bed at midnight.  The first night he was asleep in my arms at 1130.  I just sat there and cried, held him until midnight.  I was so sad that I only saw him for half an hour before he went to sleep.  The next day, I spent a little more time with him before work, but not that much more.  Again, I cried when I got home and nursed him to sleep.
I don't get much time with him in the mornings because he sleeps 12+ hours.  Yup, my baby sleeps! He doesn't nap though, so don't call me lucky yet lol.  He may take 15-30 minute naps most days.  Except today, he slept 3 hours in my arms.  But, today was my first off day and first chance to soak up all the time I could with him, so you know I wasn't complaining!  I just stared at him and enjoyed it.
Pierce is doing just fine with his grandparents, he seems to enjoy spending time with them.  I'm glad to know that....but I hate that he has to be watched by anyone other than J or myself.

I'm trying to balance being a wife, mother, working woman, and housewife...and failing!  If anyone has any tips on how to balance it all, PLEASE, HELP!!

3 comments:

  1. I know things are a lot different with you than with me because you are working I am a stay at home mom,so you have more on your plate. However I can tell you that it does get better with time. Even as a stay at home mom for the first 3 months of Amy's life I was just exhausted taking care of her ( especially with the colic) that I didn't really do anything around the house, but the older she got the more and more I felt that she would be ok playing in the floor while I did a load in front of her and gradually I was able to do a lot more the older she got ( she also didn't sleep for more than 45 min a nap). As far as wife goes. I am sad to says that it me and jake some time to get back to where we used to be before Amy. Sure we loved each other more than words can say, but the closeness took a while to get back. I mean when you have baby clinging to you 24/7 when you finally get a min to yourself you kinda want it to yourself. But I did have to learn to balance. What helped the most was getting out just us at least once a month. it didnt have to be a big expensive date, just a couple hours to talk, dream and feel close. Now we are back to where we were before and dare I say it even closer.As far as mother goes, girl you have got that down pat! That is one healthy happy little man! I know it sounds cliche but in really does get better in time. Once you get more of a routine and he gets older it becomes the normal. I know I don't know your exact situation but I do hope this helps. Sorry for the length.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are going through all this :( I haven't been there yet so I don't have any tips other than take it one day at a time, don't sweat the small stuff, soak up all the moments you do have with him. No matter what you will always be his mommy & he will always love you!! Hugs mama!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete