Sunday, February 10, 2013

Haven't disappeared

I promise, I haven't disappeared again!  I generally don't blog on nights J is off work, or while Pierce is awake, and since he doesn't go to sleep until 11 or midnight that leaves me blogging at 1 or 2 am.
Tonight and last night Pierce woke up at 2am, crying.  I don't let him cry it out in the middle of the night, so last night I got up and just brought him in bed with me, figuring he was hungry but he really didn't nurse much.  When I bring him in bed, he just stays in bed with me or us because I'll just be getting him around 6am anyway when he does wake up hungry.  So, I didn't sleep well last night.  I never sleep that well when he's in the bed with me all night!
Because hunger wasn't the issue last night, when he cried tonight I went in and noticed he had moved again.  He had rolled on his side and gotten mad because he got stuck against the side of the crib.  So, instead of bringing him to bed with me, I sat and rocked him until he went dead asleep again.  He's been in there for 45 minutes now...so maybe success?  I can hope, right?
I think what he's doing is sleep-practicing his newest talent of rolling, or learning to scoot in his sleep.  I always find him in a new place when I go in to get him in the mornings or after naps. Oh, how I do hope this phase passes!

Speaking of naps, he usually napped in his swing in the living room.  Meaning I had to be really careful when I was cleaning while he napped so as to not wake him.  I've promised the swing to J's aunt who is due in June, and Pierce is just getting too big for it.  Too long, too heavy.  So, I started putting him in his crib at around 4 months, trying to get him to sleep in there.  Never worked, but I kept trying about once or twice a week.  As soon as he hit that crib for a nap, he'd wake up!  But, in the past two weeks or so, I've been able to put him in his crib for at least one of his naps in the day!!  VICTORY!!
He rolls over and plays with his blanket when he wakes up.  He's so cute I have to take pics!

yesterday, rolling around in his blankie

today, he had been sucking on his foot, leaving the foot of his pjs slobbery wet...yum lol
Don't you wish you woke up that happy?  lol  Sweet baby

I'm working on putting together a post about all of the foods I've made him, which he's liked more than others, and tell ya'll about the Baby Brezza.  I LOVE that thing.  If you're going to make your own baby food, I HIGHLY suggest you get a Brezza!  And, no, it won't be any sponsored or compensated post, it'll just be me suggesting you get your tail to Target and get one!  lol

Let's just hope this waking in the middle of the night thing doesn't last long for Pierce!!  Good night ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment